Looking for things to do with the kids this weekend? From s'mores and campfires to performances based on children's books, there's so much to do on Long Island. Here are my top five picks for fun, family-friendly activities this weekend:
1. The Great Out-S'mores at the Theodore Roosevelt Sanctuary and Audubon Center (134 Cove Rd., Oyster Bay). On Friday from 6-9 p.m., kids ages 9 and up can learn how to pitch a tent, roast s'mores around a campfire, go for a hike and meet some of the nighttime animals. Registration is required; $30 per child, $15 for each additional sibling.
2. Gustafer Yellowgold's Show Goat at Goat on a Boat (4 Hampton St., Sag Harbor). Enjoy an animated show from Gustafer Yellowgold featuring stories, songs and more at 11 a.m. on Friday and Saturday. Price: $10, $5 ages 3 and under.
3. Freckleface The Musical at Studio Theatre (141 S. Wellwood Ave., Lindenhurst). A children's performance based on actress Julianne Moore's book, "Freckleface Strawberry" at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Price: $10.
4. Kidstock at North Hempstead Beach Park (West Shore Road, Port Washington). On Sunday from 2-9 p.m., kids and adults alike will enjoy a free family festival which includes bands and performances. There will be a DJ Beach Party at 6 p.m., followed by a drive-in movie, "Rio" at 8 p.m.; $5 parking fee.
5. Pinkalicious the Musical at the Long Island Children's Museum (11 Davis Ave., Garden City). It's all about the color pink in this family-friendly performance based on the best selling children's book series at 11 a.m., 1 p.m. and 3 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday. Price: $12.