When celebrity face designer Tim Quinn casually mentions "Megan's favorite lip gloss" in a tiny basement room in Giorgio Armani at Americana Manhasset, he's talking about Megan Fox. Yes . . . that Megan Fox.
The Milan-trained expert has worked with everyone from Kim Cattrall to Gwen Stefani.
For such high profile makeup artists, Quinn and his colleague Maureen Shields are oddly at ease in the makeshift space, snacking on M&M's and making models laugh as they work together on each look.
They're preparing for an in-store fall/winter presentation, and the Armani cosmetics are flying.
* Crema Nera Reviving Eye Cream ($150) is perfect for putting over or under makeup, Quinn says. The anti-aging ingredients are specifically geared for the eye area, and it's unscented and loved by men, too. Plus, the compact comes with a small built-in mirror to give an up-close view of the problem spot. Available at Giorgio Armani stores or giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com.
* Designer Lift Foundation ($65) has SPF and a lifting agent "for that little extra boost of confidence," says Quinn, and it looks light and luminous on the model's face. It will debut in 10 scientifically determined shades.
* Madre Perla face and eye pallette, new for winter, is brushed on the model's cheeks for a sheer, slightly bronzed glow. Quinn calls it "shimmery and romantic."
* Gloss d'Armani Color-Fil Shine technology lip gloss ($28) moisturizes for a translucently pigmented pout that lasts without being sticky. Quinn says vibrant lips are his favorite beauty trend this fall, especially dark purples and reds. Fox's favorite shade? 401, an orange-toned pink with discreet shimmer. My favorite? 601, a deep plum that compliments any skintone. Buy it at Giorgio Armani stores or giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com.
* Another Fox favorite, Eyes to Kill Stretch Lengthening Mascara ($30) keeps lashes flexible with a wet finish while providing maximum depth and length. It's sold out online, but you can find it this weekend at Giorgio Armani at Americana Manhasset.
* Eyes to Kill Intense Eye Shadow ($32) is crease-proof and waterproof and provides a multidimensional shimmer. Neither a powder nor a cream, it's light but wearable for 24 hours. Choose from existing shades at giorgioarmanibeauty-usa.com or check out the new options that will debut this weekend at Giorgio Armani in Manhasset.
Giorgio Armani Beauty Trunk Show
Who: Face designer Maureen Shields
Where: Giorgio Armani, Americana Manhasset
When: Sat. 10/22 and Sun. 10/23, 12-6 p.m.
What: The premiere of the Armani cosmetics above and more