INSTANT GAME FAME
Rockstar Games announced that fans of the Max Payne video game franchise will have the opportunity to have their likeness virtualized as a multiplayer character in the next installment.
All you have to do to be part of the Max Payne 3 multiplayer gang characters is tweet the #MaxPayne3 hashtag on Twitter.
Here are the rules:
1) Until Jan. 13, Rockstar will be selecting people at random that the game developer has spotted using the hashtag.
2) Each week, 10 people will be contacted to submit pictures for consideration to be in the game.
3) If you're one of that week's selections, you will be contacted and asked to email a photo of yourself.
4) Rockstar will pick two fans per week who will have their likeness appear as a multiplayer gang character in Max Payne 3.
5) In total, eight fans will be selected to have their likeness appear as a multiplayer character in the game, which is due for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC in March. -- José Moreno
Rhapsody passes A million IN U.S.
Digital music service Rhapsody has passed a million paying subscribers in the United States, keeping its lead as most popular U.S. subscription service, the company said. The Seattle-based company turned 10 years old this month.
Rhapsody allows subscribers to listen to as much music as they want for a monthly fee -- $10 on all devices or $5 on computers only. Rhapsody also offers a free trial period that includes use on mobile devices.
Rhapsody's subscriber count had hovered around 800,000 for years, but several recent developments reignited the business.
In August, its service began being bundled into a cellphone plan for Android phone users on carrier MetroPCS. The plan includes unlimited data, talk, text and music for $60 a month. In October, it gained other subscribers through its purchase of Napster from Best Buy.