Dog swallows 111 pennies

+-

A Jack Russell terrier named Jack swallowed 111 pennies and quickly became ill. Vets put Jack under anesthesia and methodically removed all 111 coins. The zinc from the coins could be lethal.

An X-ray of the Jack Russell terrier who
(Credit: AP)

An X-ray of the Jack Russell terrier who swallowed 111 pennies.

The endoscope view of the pennies swallowed by
(Credit: AP/BluePearl Veterinary Partners)

The endoscope view of the pennies swallowed by a Jack Russell terrier named Jack.

The pennies swallowed by a Jack Russell terrier
(Credit: AP/BluePearl Veterinary Partners)

The pennies swallowed by a Jack Russell terrier named Jack.

ADVERTISEMENT

ADVERTISE HERE

Best Bets

Get the scoop on events, nightlife, day trips, family fun and things to do on Long Island.

Sign up

By clicking Sign up, you agree to our privacy policy.

Comments

Newsday.com now uses Facebook for our comment boards. Please read our guidelines and connect your Facebook account to comment.

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy policy.

OK
Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to Newsday is free for Optimum customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE