NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. Eligibility. The Contest is open to all legal United States residents who, as of the entry date, are 18 years of age or over living in New York. The Contest is void in all other jurisdictions and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Newsday LLC ("Newsday"), its parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and any other persons or entities directly associated with the Contest (collectively, the "Contest Entities"), and the immediate family members of each are not eligible.
2. Contest Entry Period. The "Contest Entry Period" begins at 9:00 a.m. Eastern Time on Wednesday, November 10, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Tuesday, November 16, 2010.
3. How to Enter.
a. To enter, go to newsday.com/food during the Contest Entry Period and follow the links and instructions to submit your entry information, including your green bean casserole recipe. A green bean casserole recipe entry is required of each entrant.. Each entrant (sometimes referred to herein as a "contestant") must completely fill out the online entry form, and submit the green bean casserole recipe in accordance with the on-screen instructions. All entries must be submitted online. Mailed or hard copy entries will not be accepted. All entries (including recipes) must be received by the end of the Contest Entry Period. Failure to submit all required information and submissions in the manner required in these Official Rules may result in disqualification. LIMIT: One (1) entry/recipe per person. Duplicate entries of the same green bean casserole recipe risk disqualification.
b. Each entrant is required to submit an original green bean casserole Recipe (the "recipe"), and may submit no more than one recipe. Each submitted recipe must be your own property, not previously copyrighted by anyone else. Recipes from other sites (unless you own the site) will not be considered. Only suitable recipes will be considered. Newsday reserves the right to disqualify any recipe for any reason, including but not limited to the entrant's failure to comply with the requirements in this paragraph. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANTS ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THEIR ENTRIES MAY BE POSTED ON WWW.NEWSDAY.COM OR ANY OTHER WEBSITE(S) AUTHORIZED BY NEWSDAY FOR THE CONTEST (COLLECTIVELY "THE WEBSITE"), AT NEWSDAY'S DISCRETION AND CAN BE VIEWED BY OTHER WEBSITE USERS. Submission of an entry grants Newsday, its parent and affiliate companies, its advertising sponsors and promotional agencies, and their respective agents an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual license and right to publish, use, modify, edit, adapt, copy, exploit, and publicly display the entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration or acknowledgment to the entrant.
c. All submissions in the Contest (and all components of such submissions) by an entrant must be the entrant's own. By entering the Contest and submitting a recipe, each entrant represents (i) that the entrant is the copyright owner of the recipe or has written permission from the copyright owner to enter the recipe in this Contest and to grant all rights necessary to use the recipe in the Contest; (ii) that the entrant has granted an irrevocable license to publish, republish, distribute and copy the recipe an unlimited number of times in any print, electronic or other medium. Modifying, enhancing or altering a third party's preexisting work does not qualify as an entrant's original creation. Each submission may not, and by entering the Contest and submitting a recipe, each entrant represents that the entrant's submission will not, be offensive or inappropriate, defame or invade publicity rights or privacy of any person, living or deceased, or entity, or otherwise infringe upon or violate any person' s or entity's personal, intellectual property or property rights or any other third party rights. All recipes must adhere to newsday.com's standard terms and conditions for user-generated content located at http://www.newsday.com/terms-of-service-1.1282904. Newsday reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry for any reason, including any entry Newsday deems, in whole or in part, to be offensive or inappropriate. By submitting your entry, you agree that your entry conforms to these Official Rules. Any submission that does not comply with any aspect of these Official Rules may be rejected by Newsday and the entrant disqualified. By submitting your entry, you agree to assume all liability for and indemnify and hold harmless Newsday, the Contest Entities, and their parents, affiliates, employees, contractors and agents from any and all claims arising out of the publication or use of your entry, including without limitation any failure of your entry to comply with these Official Rules or any representations being made by you herein.
d. No responsibility is assumed for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, illegible, or misdirected applications. No responsibility is assumed for technical, hardware, software or other online entry malfunctions of any kind or unavailable network connections, or failed, incorrect, incomplete, inaccurate, garbled or delayed electronic communications caused by the sender, or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the contest which may limit the ability to participate, or by any human error which may occur in the processing of the application for the Contest. If for any reasons, (including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause beyond the control of Newsday, which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the contest), the Contest is not capable of being conducted as described in these Official Rules, Newsday shall have the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest.
4. Winner Selection. The top three (3) recipes will be selected by Newsday's food writers, who will make the 3 recipes for testing and tasting. One (1) First Prize winner will be selected on November 18, 2010 based on the overall appeal of the recipe. In the event of a tie, the entry submitted earliest will be deemed the winner. The decisions of the judges and Newsday with respect to the selection of the winners and in regard to all matters relating to this Contest shall be final. Potential winners will be notified on or about November 18, 2010. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Automated voting of any kind is not allowed. Detection of said automated voting will lead to votes being voided.
5. Prizes. One (1) prize will be awarded in this Contest;. First Prize: One (1) winner will receive a fresh turkey weighing about 20 lbs. Approximate retail value of prize is $30.00. Prize must be picked up at one of Best Yet's Long Island locations. Prize must be accepted as awarded, and prize is awarded "AS IS" with no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied. All expenses and costs associated with a prize not expressly stated as part of the prize package described above are the responsibility solely of the winner. Prize winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state and local taxes and assessments associated with prize award, receipt and use.
6. General. By accepting a prize, each winner grants to Newsday and the Contest Entities the right to use his or her name, likeness, image, voice, testimonial and/or biographical information in advertising and promotion in all media without further compensation or permission, except where prohibited by law. Each winner, by acceptance of the prize, agrees to release Newsday, the Contest Entities, and their parent and subsidiary companies, their officers, directors, employees, agents, shareholders, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, and advertising agencies from all liability, claims, or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with participation in the Contest or the receipt, ownership, or use of the prize. Prize winners may be required to execute a certification of eligibility and release within seven (7) calendar days of notification and prior to distribution of prize. Failure of a winner to return the certification and release may result in disqualification from the Contest and prize forfeiture. Additionally, any certification and release returned as undeliverable may result in an alternate winner being selected. Prizes are nontransferable, non-refundable and cannot be redeemed for cash. No substitutions of prizes allowed except by Newsday which reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. In the event a winner fails to claim his or her prize or fails to meet the eligibility requirements, such winner will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries. If a winner is unwilling or unable to accept any portion of the prize, that portion of the prize will be deemed as forfeited by winner and no substitution will be made except at Newsday's sole discretion. If Newsday cannot find an eligible winner for a prize, that prize will not be awarded. The Contest and all of the related pages, contents and code are copyright, UPICKEM, Inc., and/or Newsday. Copying or unauthorized use of any copyrighted materials, trademarks or any other intellectual property without the express written consent of its owner is strictly prohibited.
7. Winners List. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Winners List, Thanksgiving Recipe Make-Over Contest, Newsday, 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville, New York 11747, Attention: Grace Croce, within thirty (30) days of conclusion of the Contest.
Sponsor of this Contest is Newsday LLC, 235 Pinelawn Road, Melville, New York 11747.