OYSTERS ROCKEFELLER WITH SAMUEL ADAMS BOSTER LAGER BEER-BRAISED SWISS CHARD
Makes 6-8 servings
NOTE: You can ask your fishmonger to open the oysters for you.
1 shallot, diced into small pieces
1 package bacon
2 bunches Swiss chard, chopped into small pieces
1 bottle Samuel Adams Boston Lager
1/2 pint heavy cream
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
1. Dice half the package of bacon into small pieces. In a large sauté pan, cook bacon until it starts to brown and gets crispy. Drain off half of the grease. Using the remaining half of the grease, add the diced shallots. Cook about 2 minutes.
2. Add the chopped Swiss chard and half a bottle of the beer to the sauté pan. Let reduce until almost all of the liquid is gone.
3. Add heavy cream and Parmesan cheese to the sauté pan. When mixture thickens, let it cool.
4. In the meantime, open the oysters. Try to save the liquid, as keeping the liquid in the oyster adds extra flavor. Use a good spoonful of the mixture to top the oysters. Add a sprinkle of cheese and a small amount of breadcrumbs (optional).
5. Bake at 400 degrees for about 3 minutes, and then broil about another minute until golden brown.
Recipe developed by Food Network chef Michele Ragussis for Samuel Adams.