Steak restaurants that go beyond the beef are big-time players on Long Island. Here are some recommendations, in case you want a taste of seafood as well as juicy red meat.
1. Broiled sea scallops wrapped in bacon, whole baked lobster or lump crabcakes, at Morton's, 777 Northern Blvd., Great Neck; 516-498-2950, mortons.com
2. Toro sushi roll, stone crab claws and pan-fried "millennium" spiced lobster, at Prime, 117 New York Ave., Huntington; 631-385-1515, restaurantprime.com
3. Sesame-seared tuna, almond-crusted golden snapper and broiled Cajun-style oysters, at Tellers Chophouse, 605 Main St., Islip; 631-277-7070, tellerschophouse.com
4. Baked oysters Rockefeller, butter-poached lobster tail, and lobster, crab and fontina fondue, at George Martin's Strip Steak, 60 River Rd., Great River; 631-650-6777, georgemartinsstripsteak.com
5. Cajun calamari with sauce rémoulade, pan-seared jumbo shrimp and baked littleneck clams, at Frank's Steaks, 54 Lincoln Ave., Rockville Centre, 516-536-1500; and 4 Jericho Tpke., Jericho, 516-338-4595, frankssteaks.com
6. Crabmeat cocktail and seafood chowder, at Blackwells, 141 Fairway Dr. (off Sound Avenue), Wading River; 631-929-1800, blackwellsrestaurant.com