You've made it to the New Year, a good time to ensure that you'll make it to many more. Here are Harvard Medical School's top 10 tips for a long life.
1. Don't smoke, and quit if you do.
2. Exercise regularly.
3. Add lots of whole grains, fruits and vegetables to your diet. Cut down on saturated fats and trans fats.
4. Take a multivitamin with calcium and vitamin D every day.
5. Maintain a healthy weight.
6. Keep your mind active with new and challenging tasks.
7. Build a strong social network by making time for friends and family.
8. See your physician and dentist regularly for preventive screenings.
9. Floss and brush your teeth several times a day.
10. Keep an eye on your blood pressure and cholesterol numbers.