Good Evening
Good Evening

Tip: Vets can get help with home loans

Are you a veteran with a VA home loan who is having trouble paying your mortgage? The U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs may be able to offer some guidance and assistance.

The first step is to contact your loan servicer and let the company know you are having difficulties. If the loan servicer is unable to help, the VA says it is "authorized to provide direct and more in-depth assistance" with foreclosure alternatives and financial counseling. If you have a conventional mortgage instead of a VA loan, you can still get advice from the VA on how to talk with your loan servicer.

To speak with a VA loan technician, call 800-729-5772. You should also read the Veteran Borrowers in Delinquency Quick Reference Sheet, available at

More Lifestyle