Five people were charged Saturday night in connection with the sale of e-cigarettes and other vaping products to customers younger than 21 at businesses in West Islip, Bay Shore and Brentwood, Suffolk County police said.
In response to community complaints, Third Precinct Crime Section officers conducted an investigation into the sale of e-liquid nicotine between 6 p.m. and 9 p.m. Saturday and six locations were checked for compliance, police said.
The following five clerks were charged with violating the Suffolk County Code regulating the sale of e-cigarettes.
- Joseph Attallah, 21, of West Islip, employed at House of Glass on Udall Road in West Islip.
- Navjit Singh, 26, of Queens, employed at OK Gas on West Main Street in Bay Shore.
- Warnakulasuriya Kumara Fernando, 44, of Bay Shore, employed at the Valero gas station on Union Boulevard in Bay Shore.
- Gokhan Kilinc, 39, of Islip, employed at Shamrock on East Main Street in Bay Shore.
- Cindy Arrue, 22, of Brentwood, employed at Cloud 9 Smoke Shoppe on Heyward Street in Brentwood.
- The five are scheduled for arraignment at First District Court in Central Islip on a date to be determined, police said.