A Farmingdale man has been arrested and charged with eight burglaries — five of them on the same day — in Nassau County late last month, police said.
Ismael Rahman, 37, of Maple Avenue, was arraigned Friday in First District Court in Hempstead on burglary charges, and was ordered held without bail pending his next court appearance Tuesday, online court records show.
He was arrested at 12:30 p.m. Thursday at Nassau County Medical Center in East Meadow, where he was a patient, Nassau County police said.
He was tracked down by the department’s burglary pattern team and state parole officers, police said. Rahman was also wanted on a parole warrant.
Rahman was released on parole on Jan. 31 after serving a state prison term for burglary, according to online records of the state Department of Corrections and Community Supervision.
The Nassau burglaries were:
- Feb. 19 at 10:26 p.m. at a Midas Muffler shop, 328 Hempstead Tpke., West Hempstead. An undisclosed amount of cash was taken.
- Feb. 20 at 5:39 a.m. at the American Muffler Shop, 655 Hempstead Tpke., Franklin Square. An undisclosed amount of cash was taken.
- Feb. 23 at 6 p.m. at the American Muffler Shop, a second time. An undisclosed amount of cash was taken.
- Feb. 24 at 12:01 a.m. at Broadway Auto & Towing, 421 North Main St., Freeport. An undisclosed amount of cash was taken.
- Feb. 24 at 1:12 a.m. at Village Express Deli, 198 North Main St., Freeport. An undisclosed amount of cash was taken.
- Feb. 24 at 7:45 a.m. at a home on Stratford Road in West Hempstead. The burglar was confronted by the homeowner and fled on foot with no proceeds. No injuries were reported.
- Feb. 24 at 6:10 p.m. at Triple A1 Transmissions, 66 Hempstead Tpke., West Hempstead. The burglar attempted to steal property, but no proceeds were taken.
- Feb. 24 at 7:25 p.m. at R & M Service Station, 260 Hempstead Tpke. in West Hempstead. The burglar removed an undisclosed amount of cash.