A Queens man burglarized several businesses — mostly vehicle repair shops in Nassau County — over an eight-month span, taking cash and inspection stickers, police said Tuesday.
Andre Hampton, 56, of Arlington Terrace in Jamaica, is charged with 10 counts of third-degree burglary, according to the Nassau County Police Department’s Major Case Bureau.
At his arraignment Tuesday at First District Court in Hempstead, Hampton was ordered held on $40,000 bond or bail, according to online court records.
Hampton was arrested at 10:35 a.m. Monday by Freeport Village police during a traffic stop on Sunrise Highway, according to a news release.
Police said Hampton burglarized the following businesses, starting in October 2015:
- Oct. 12: DiStefano Landscaping, 1056 Northern Blvd., Roslyn, taking cash.
- Oct. 25: Eagle Nurseries, 225 Jericho Tpke., New Hyde Park, taking cash.
- Nov. 1: 7-Eleven, 159 Atlantic Ave., Garden City Park, taking cash.
- Nov. 12: M & R Collision, 1497 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont, taking cash.
- March 18, 2016: All County Collision, 1289 Hempstead Tpke., Elmont, taking cash.
- April 16: J & M Auto Repair, 90 Underhill Blvd., Syosset, taking inspection stickers.
- April 16: Syosset Tire & Auto Repair, 64 Jericho Tpke., Syosset, with nothing taken.
- April 16: Rallye BMW, 1 Brush Hollow Rd., Westbury, taking a wallet with credit cards.
- April 16: Zaino’s Nursery, 900 Jericho Tpke., Westbury, taking cash.
- May 28: Wantagh Mazda, 3180 Sunrise Hwy., Wantagh, taking vehicle safety/emissions stickers.
Anyone with more information or who may have been a victim can call the Crimes Against Property Squad at 516-573-5275. All callers will remain anonymous.