Lindenhurst Middle School returns to its normal morning routine Tuesday after the district put in additional security measures for two school days because of a written threat found in a boys bathroom, a school official said.
Monday morning saw enhanced security measures, including increased police presence, after a student last week found a threat to the school, written on paper, and told a teacher.
The note was found last Tuesday, and the teacher informed administrators the same day, according to the district.
School officials said the threat was specifically for Monday and against the building, but declined to say more.
Alison DeMaria, communications director for the Lindenhurst school district, described Monday's opening as "smooth sailing."
Superintendent Daniel E. Giordano had announced several "tentative precautions" that started Friday.
On Monday, all bags were inspected, and Suffolk County police officers were scheduled to be posted at the school all day, along with extra security guards, the superintendent said.
A police spokeswoman confirmed more officers were scheduled to be assigned to the school Monday.
Administrators and security also arrived early, and students were admitted to the building through the front or west wing, and the side or south wing.