The Long Island Rail Road on Tuesday is offering 10 extra afternoon trains from Penn Station for those traveling early in observance of Yom Kippur.
The rail service said the extra eastbound trains include:
- A 1:49 p.m. departure to Ronkonkoma, stopping at Woodside, Jamaica, Mineola and Hicksville, then ending at Ronkonkoma.
- Four to Babylon — expresses at 2:19 p.m. and 3:31 p.m. to Rockville Centre, then all stops to Babylon; a 2:32 p.m. express to Lynbrook, then all stops to Babylon; and a 3 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Rockville Centre and then all stops to Babylon.
- Three to Hicksville and Huntington — 2:08 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola and all stops to Huntington; 2:29 p.m. stopping at Forest Hills, Kew Gardens, Jamaica, New Hyde Park and all stops to Huntington; and 3:24 p.m. stopping at Jamaica, Mineola, Westbury and Hicksville.
- To Great Neck, departing at 3:40 p.m., stopping at Woodside, Flushing-Main Street, then all stops to Great Neck.
- To Far Rockaway, departing at 3:48 p.m., operating express to Locust Manor, then all stops to Far Rockaway.
More information is at mta.info/lirr.