Buses will replace trains this weekend between Ronkonkoma and Hicksville to allow for switch installation, the Long Island Rail Road said.
Bus service will begin at 12:48 a.m. on Saturday and continue through 12:46 a.m. Monday. The railroad said service on the Ronkonkoma Branch will be affected as follows:
- Westbound, riders at Ronkonkoma through Pinelawn will board buses to Hicksville up to 44 minutes earlier than normal train times, then transfer to westbound trains.
- The 10:05 a.m., 11:05 a.m. and 12:05 p.m. trains from Ronkonkoma are canceled.
- Riders from Farmingdale and Bethpage will board westbound trains at their home stations.
- Greenport riders will board buses at Ronkonkoma for service to Hicksville, where train service will resume, or board local buses for stops from Central Islip to Bethpage.
- Eastbound, riders to stations between Pinelawn and Ronkonkoma will transfer to buses at Hicksville. They should plan for 44 minutes of added travel time.
- The 4:39 p.m., 5:39 p.m. and 6:39 p.m. weekend trains from Penn Station are canceled.
- Riders to Bethpage and Farmingdale should stay on the train to their stations.
- Greenport riders will board the 8:12 a.m. or 1:12 p.m. trains from Penn Station to Hicksville, one hour earlier than normal. They then connect with buses to Ronkonkoma, where train service will resume.
Find a full schedule here.