Employees of seven liquor and convenient stores on Nassau County's South Shore illegally sold alcohol to minors, police said.
The employees were arrested Friday as part of "Project 21 Operation" and charged with prohibited sale of alcohol to a minor. Each was a desk appearance ticket and are scheduled to appear Dec. 11 in First District Court in Hempstead.
Project 21 Operation is a joint effort between the county police and the Office of Consumer Affairs. During the operation, police observed workers selling alcohol to assisting underage agents at these locations:
• Hess Market Inc., 46 E. Sunrise Hwy., Merrick
• Gian Wine & Liquor, 2067 Merrick Rd., Merrick
• KC Wines & Liquors Inc., 2764 Sunrise Hwy., Bellmore
• Cherrywood Wines Inc., 1152 Wantagh Ave., Wantagh
• Wine Depot of NY Inc., 3978 Jerusalem Ave., Seaford
• Multistar Wines & Liquors Inc., 710 Broadway, N. Massapequa
• DMG Liquors Inc., 15 Hicksville Rd. Massapequa