TODAY'S PAPER
40° Good Morning
NEWSDAY DEALS
YOU ARE A DEALS MEMBERVIEW DEALS
40° Good Morning
Long IslandNassau

Fire breaks out at Nassau University Medical Center, officials say

A small electrical fire broke out inside Nassau University Medical Center in East Meadow early Sunday morning, fire officials said.

East Meadow Fire Department responded to the second floor around 5:20 a.m., a fire official said, and found a fire caused by an electrical wire in the ceiling in one of the rooms.

No one was injured or evacuated, the fire official said.

The fire occurred in an unoccupied X-ray room, away from patients, NUMC spokesman Todd Shapiro said.

Comments

We're revamping our Comments section. Learn more and share your input.