TODAY'S PAPER
Good Evening
Good Evening
Long IslandNassau

Police: Leaking gas stove in Oyster Bay sends 15 to the hospital

A leaking gas stove in an Oyster Bay home sent 15 to the hospital Friday night, Nassau County police said.

The natural gas leak was reported just before 9:30 p.m. on Audrey Avenue, police said. Real estate websites show the location as a multifamily home, steps from Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Park.

Police on Saturday said a pilot light on the gas stove had gone out and a stove burner had been left open, causing the leak.

When police arrived, the occupants had all left the three-story residence.

"Multiple occupants at the location were feeling ill due to natural gas and were sent to local hospitals for evaluation and treatment," police said Saturday. "There’s no injuries."

Nassau top stories