TODAY'S PAPER
Clear 26° Good Morning
Clear 26° Good Morning
Long IslandNassau

Roosevelt man arrested in early June stabbing

Bernardo A. Peralta of Roosevelt was arrested Thursday

Bernardo A. Peralta of Roosevelt was arrested Thursday on first-degree assault charges in the stabbing of a 22-year-old man found on June 3. (June 13, 2013) Photo Credit: NCPD

A 49-year old Roosevelt man was charged in the stabbing of a 22-year-old man found on June 3, police said.

Bernardo A. Peralta, 49 of 22 E. Pennywood Ave., is facing first-degree assault charges. He was arrested on Thursday and arraigned in First District Court in Hempstead on Friday. Peralta is due back in court on June 19.

Peralta is charged with the 4:33 a.m. stabbing of an unidentified victim found earlier this month in front of 449 Babylon Tpke. with a stab wound, police said.

The victim was taken by police ambulance to Nassau University Medical Center and was in stable condition at the time. A dark colored SUV was observed leaving the scene, police said.

Latest Long Island News

Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to Newsday is free for Optimum customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE