- Pellegrino, 51, of West Islip, is a former member of the state Assembly from 2017-2019. She is also running on the Working Families party line.
- She was a teacher in the Baldwin public schools for 25 years and was part of the op-out movement in which parents refused to allow their children to take some standardized tests.
- She graduated from Long Island University, C.W. Post and St. John’s University and earned a master’s degree at St. John’s University.
- She will focus on improving schools by fighting for more local control of schools and reduce standardized testing that she said can be "faulty and developmentally inappropriate."
- She will seek funding to clean toxic spills and will oppose offshore drilling for oil.
- She will seek gun control measures that would stop criminals, terrorists and domestic abusers from easy access to firearms.