LAURA A. AHEARN
- Ahearn, 56, of Port Jefferson, is a licensed attorney, social worker who has been the executive director of the Crime Victims Center/Parents for Megan’s Law, a rape crisis and crime victims center she founded. She is also running on the Protect the Taxpayer party line.
- She has sought to helped draft and pass legislation working with local, state and federal policy and lawmakers.
- She earned her bachelor’s degree from Dowling College, a master’s degree from Stony Brook University, and her law degree from Touro College, Jacob D. Fuchsberg Law Center.
- Ahearn will seek to provide access to quality health care for all.
- She said she will help small businesses, investing in infrastructure to create jobs and affordable workforce housing to help keep young Long Islanders from moving out of state for jobs.
- She said she will fight to protect drinking water sources and the environment; the economy; reproductive rights.