DENNIS DUNNE, SR.
- Dunne, 70, of Levittown, is also running on the Conservative and Independence party lines.
- He is a Hempstead Town Councilman for the Sixth District, and previously served 22 years in the Nassau County Legislature, representing the 15th District.
- Dunne holds an associate degree from Nassau Community College and a bachelor's degree from Hofstra University.
- Dunne wants to repeal state legislation that eliminated cash bail for misdemeanors and nonviolent felony charges.
- Dunne has touted legislation he helped to pass in Hempstead Town, including increasing the age for purchasing vaping products and restricting advertising of such products near schools and playgrounds.
- He also supports repeal of a congestion pricing plan that Republicans argue would burden suburban drivers headed to Manhattan.