A fire heavily damaged a Coram house Monday and displaced a family of four, a fire official said.
The blaze at 3 Goodwin Lane started behind the fireplace in the rear of the home and quickly spread to the attic, said Coram Fire Chief Michael Fields.
Fields said the fire was reported at 4:50 p.m. and under control almost an hour later. It damaged the upper bedrooms, kitchen and den.
A Coram firefighter suffered a dislocated shoulder and was treated and released from St. Charles Hospital in Port Jefferson.
Fields said the family will likely spend the night at a local hotel.
Several departments responded, including Selden, Mount Sinai and Terryville, Fields said.