A transformer fire in the basement near restaurants at the Walt Whitman Shops has been put out, authorities said.

There was no information immediately available on damage or injuries, fire officials said.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

A 911 caller reported an incident at the Cheesecake Factory restaurant shortly after 5:15 p.m. at the Huntington Station mall, but firefighters were already at the scene, Suffolk police said.

A mall spokesman confirmed the fire was reported near a block of restaurants that are not connected to the rest of the mall, and which include Panera Bread, Cheesecake Factory and the shuttered Legal Sea Foods.

The only areas evacuated were the Bloomingdales store, Panera and Cheesecake Factory. Power was turned off at the stores and fans were brought in to dissipate any smoke or carbon monoxide.

Steve Silverman, spokesman for the Huntington Fire Chiefs Council, said the Huntington Manor Fire Department led operations, assisted by Huntington and Melville firefighters.

advertisement | advertise on newsday

About a year ago, the general manager of Legal Sea Foods died and 27 others were treated for carbon monoxide poisoning after an apparent leak in the restaurant's basement.