A gas leak forced the closure of all stores at Jamesport Plaza on Main Road in Jamesport Thursday morning, but stores reopened shortly after the leak was discovered.
The Jamesport Fire Department reported that about 30 members responded to a call of a gas leak at the plaza at 7:14 a.m. As a safety precaution, the plaza was closed and all stores evacuated until the extent of the leak could be determined.
Fire officials said the scene was under control at 8:30 a.m. and stores allowed to reopen. No injuries were reported. Paraco Gas was also on the scene.