A Huntington Station Panera Bread, one of three eateries shuttered since Saturday after a carbon monoxide leak killed a manager at another restaurant, was scheduled to reopen Monday afternoon, a mall spokesman and town official said.
The Town of Huntington's plumbing inspector has given Panera the go-ahead to reopen, said town spokesman A.J. Carter.
"The town plumbing inspector did go in and did certify that Panera is safe to reopen," said Carter. "So my understanding is the ball in National Grid's court to turn the gas back on."
A National Grid spokesman did not immediately respond to a message seeking comment, but Kevin Ryan, a spokesman for the Walt Whitman Shops, said the utility company had arrived at the restaurant about a half hour ago.
Ryan said he was still awaiting word that the restaurant had officially reopened.
The deadly carbon monoxide gas originated Saturday in a faulty flue pipe in Legal Sea Foods' heating system, killing manager Steven Nelson, town officials have said.
Carter said the town had not yet heard from Legal Sea Foods representatives about the status of the needed repairs to its heating system.
Cheesecake Factory, which was also ordered closed Saturday, reopened Sunday, Ryan said.
A Suffolk police spokeswoman said the medical examiner's office has not yet released a cause of death for Nelson, 55, of Copiague. She said she could not estimate when the information would be available. An official from the Suffolk fire marshal's office was not immediately available to answer questions, the police spokeswoman said.