Riverhead’s town supervisor is encouraging residents “looking to be involved in shaping and serving their community” to fill openings on nearly a dozen local boards.
Supervisor Laura Jens-Smith announced in a statement earlier this week that several advisory boards and committees have openings.
To qualify, applicants must be at least 18 years old and be knowledgeable in the related subject of the committee or board they are applying for, the statement reads.
Openings are available on the:
- Architectural Review Board
- Board of Ethics
- Conservation Advisory Council
- Agricultural Advisory Committee
- Alternative Transportation Committee
- Farmland Preservation Committee
- Landmarks Preservation Committee
- Open Space/Park Preservation Committee
- Parking District Committee
- Recreation Committee
- Wildlife Management Committee
More information is available on the town’s website, townofriverheadny.gov, under “Board & Committee Vacancies” or by calling the town supervisor’s office at 631-727-3200, ext. 654. Cover letters and resumes can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org.