The Suffolk County Police Department will hold a drive Saturday at local precincts for residents to safely throw away their old prescription drugs.
Dubbed "Operation Medicine Cabinet," the program will take any medication except for liquids and needles, according to Suffolk police. Participants will remain anonymous and the program is free.
From 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday, residents can drop off medications at locations including:
- First Precinct, 555 Route 109, West Babylon
- Second Precinct, 1071 Park Ave., Huntington
- Third Precinct, 1630 Fifth Ave., Bay Shore
- Fourth Precinct, 345 Old Willets Path, Smithtown
- Fifth Precinct, 125 Waverly Ave., Patchogue
- Sixth Precinct, 400 Route 25, Selden