At a recent town board meeting, the Town of Babylon awarded a number of bids and authorized contracts with the following companies:
* APOC Auto/Any Part Auto in Copiague for auto parts.
* Kelly & Hayes in Nesconset, Monarch Electric in Ronkonkoma and Greenvale Electric in Greenvale for aluminum poles, brackets and aluminum and copper cable.
* Garden City Irrigation in Uniondale and Southview Construction/Island Nursery in Ft. Salonga for supply and planting of street trees.
* Greenvale Electric in Greenvale for American Electric HPS Starters.
* H.O. Penn Machinery Co., Inc. in Holtsville for Caterpillar Components Catalog and labor for repairs.
* Omni Landscape in West Babylon for rock salt.
* Hall Signs in Bloomington, Ind., Rocal, Inc. in Frankfort, Ohio and Custom Products Corp. in Jackson, Miss. for sign faces.
* Kelly & Hayes in Nesconset for Photo Electric Outdoor Lighting Controls, Fisher Pierce or an equivalent company.
* S & S Worldwide in Colchester, Conn., J & A Handicrafts in Brooklyn and School Specialty Inc. in Mount Joy, Pa. for arts and crafts catalogs.
* PB Americas, Inc. in Manhattan to complete the design of the Wyandanch Intermodal Facility for $2.4 million.