Here are some notable police incidents reported over the weekend:
Four Suffolk County police officers rescued three children from a house fire in Wyandanch Sunday morning.
Police were called to a house fire on State Avenue at 10:43 a.m. and when they arrived, they found a 21-year-old man lying in the street with severe burns over his entire body. A female resident of the home was outside and told police her three children were still inside.
More from the Newsday story:
Her pleas sent the team of Suffolk County police officers bursting into the burning house on Sunday morning. They said they fought their way through thick smoke in the Wyandanch home to rescue the children, ages 7, 2 and 6 months.
"You hear that there's children inside, and I guess your instincts kick in and you run inside and do what needs to be done," said Officer Joseph Scariolo, recalling the rescue effort Sunday.
Boy, 3, dead after choking on window blinds chain
The Suffolk County police are investigating the death of a toddler who died Friday afternoon after choking on the chain of window blinds in his Holtsville home.
Fifth Precinct officers responded to a call of a boy choking on Blue Point Road West, at 2:47 p.m. Friday. When police arrived, the father was administrating CPR on his 2-year-old son, Brendon McCarthy.
McCarthy was transported via ambulance to Stony Brook University Medical Center, where he died at 3:15 p.m. Saturday. The investigation is continuing.
Man stabbed 3 times at Rocky Point bar
A Bronx man is in stable condition after he was stabbed three times in the stomach in a fight at a Rocky Point bar early Saturday morning, Suffolk police said.
Jason Jackson, 20, was in The Edge bar, at 621 Route 25A in Rocky Point, when he was approached by several unknown people. An altercation ensured and Jackson was stabbed three times in the abdomen at approximately 3:10 a.m. Saturday, according to police.
Bagel store worker hurt after oven explodes
A worker at an East Northport bagel store was airlifted to Stony Brook University Medical Center Sunday morning after an oven exploded in the shop, police said.
The explosion happened at about 3:20 a.m. at First Class Bagels, 1922 Jericho Tpke., police said. Police could not provide a name or condition for the injured man.
The incident is still under investigation.
Photo by Joe Turner