Long IslandTowns

Centerport photos

The Centerport Yacht Club was founded in 1947

The Centerport Yacht Club was founded in 1947 and is a center for boating and social activities in the community. (June 18, 2013) Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

Images from around the hamlet of Centerport, which has a population of about 5,500, according to the 2010 U.S. Census.

The Centerport post office is on East Main
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

The Centerport post office is on East Main Street in Centerport. (June 18, 2013)

On the grounds of the Vanderbilt property in
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

On the grounds of the Vanderbilt property in Centerport is the Vanderbilt Marine Museum, built in 1922. (June 18, 2013)

The Mill Dam Bridge, built between 2004 and
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

The Mill Dam Bridge, built between 2004 and 2005, replaced a bridge that was built in 1936, and crosses the mudflat of Centerport harbor. (June 18, 2013)

The Centerport Yacht Club was founded in 1947
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

The Centerport Yacht Club was founded in 1947 and is a center for boating and social activities in the community. (June 18, 2013)

Centerport's Washington School is part of the Harborfields
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

Centerport's Washington School is part of the Harborfields Central School District, and has an enrollment of students in kindergarten through second grade. (June 18, 2013)

Centerport, a hamlet on the north shore of
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

Centerport, a hamlet on the north shore of Long Island, has a population of 5,508 as of 2010. (June 18, 2013)

Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Roman Catholic church
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

Our Lady Queen of Martyrs Roman Catholic church sits on Prospect Road in Centerport. (June 18, 2013)

Founded in 1888, Centerport's Camp Alvernia is a
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

Founded in 1888, Centerport's Camp Alvernia is a Catholic day camp for kids 4 to 14. (June 18, 2013)

Boats floating in the Northport Bay off of
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

Boats floating in the Northport Bay off of Centerport's Centerport Beach Park. (June 18, 2013)

The Centerport United Methodist Church sits on Little
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

The Centerport United Methodist Church sits on Little Neck Road in Centerport. (June 18, 2013)

The Centerport firehouse was built in 1898. (June
Photo Credit: Quinn O'Callaghan

The Centerport firehouse was built in 1898. (June 18, 2013)

Latest Long Island News

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy policy.

OK
Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to Newsday is free for Optimum customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE