TODAY'S PAPER
62° Good Morning
62° Good Morning
Long IslandTowns

Cops: Man's hand blown off after firework-candle mixup

A Garden City Estates man lost his hand Monday night after lighting a firework he mistook for a candle at his home, which had no power, Nassau police said.

The 46-year-old man, who lives on Birchwood Drive, was not identified. The accident was reported at 6:04 p.m.

Police said the man’s hand was blown off to his wrist.

The man was transported by a Nassau County police ambulance to a local hospital for treatment.

No other injuries were reported.

Comments

We're revamping our Comments section. Learn more and share your input.

Latest Long Island News