Farmingdale is a village in the Town of Oyster Bay. It has a population of 8,189. It is home to Republic Airport, Adventureland and Farmingdale State College.
Sign up for community newsletters.
St. John Baptist de La Salle Regional Catholic Elementary School, located at 50 Cherry St. in Farmingdale, serves students in kindergarten through eighth grade. (May 4, 2012)
Weldon E. Howitt Middle School, at 70 Van Cott Ave. in Farmingdale, serves 1,536 students in grades 6-8. (May 4, 2012)
Northside Elementary School, located at 55 Powell Place in Farmingdale, serves 518 students in kindergarten through fifth grade. (May 4, 2012)
Farmingdale Senior High School, located at 150 Lincoln St. in Farmingdale, serves 1,910 students in grades 9-12. (May 4, 2012)
Farmingdale Long Island Rail Road station. This station, first built in 1896, replaced an 1870 wooden depot that was located to its west. The first Farmingdale station was built in 1840. (August 17, 2009)
Farmingdale Village Hall on July 5, 2011.
The entrance to a popular walking and biking trail is located in Farmingdale on Northwest Drive and Merritts Road. The trail leads through Farmingdale and ends in Massapequa. (July 5, 2011)
Farmingdale State College is a four-year SUNY school located on Route 110 and Conklin Avenue.
The corner of Conklin and Main streets is the heart of downtown Farmingdale, with more than 125 stores and dozens of restaurants lining the two streets. (July 5, 2011)
A view of downtown Farmingdale, which boasts more than 125 stores and dozens of restaurants. It is also the location of the village's post office, Village Hall and several banks. (July 5, 2011)
St. Kilian Roman Catholic Church opened in Farmingdale on July 4, 1898. On the 100th anniversary of the old church, a new church was constructed in 1997 with many remnants of the original church's historical architecture. (July 5, 2011)
Allen Ellsworth Park is located on Motor Avenue in Farmingdale. The park has two playgrounds, a soccer field, football field, basketball courts and a baseball field. (July 5, 2011)
The South Farmingdale Fire Department includes Engine Company No. 1, Engine Company No. 2, Truck Company No. 1 and a Junior Program that help to protect the Farmingdale community. (July 5, 2011)
Farmingdale United Methodist Church was established in 1842 as The Methodist Society of Farmingdale. The current building was dedicated on May 1, 1927 and is located downtown. (July 5, 2011)
The Farmingdale Public Library system has been serving the community for over 80 years. Its current building was completed in 1994 and now holds more than 100,000 books, CDs and DVDs. (July 5, 2011)
The Village of Farmingdale in the Town of Oyster Bay was officially incorporated in 1904 and the area became known for its aviation and aerospace technology. (July 5, 2011)