New Hyde Park, a village in Nassau County, was settled in the mid-1800s and became incorporated in 1927.
This is what New Hyde Park Road, looking south at the intersection of Jericho Turnpike, looked like in 1938.
On Dec. 14, 1927, the Bank of New Hyde Park moved into this new building on Jericho Turnpike and Lakeville Road.
The building that is now New Hyde Park Village Hall is seen here under construction in 1906. It initially was the second schoolhouse in the New Hyde Park School District.
The $5,000 annex to a school on Jericho Turnpike in New Hyde Park was built in 1924. In 1978, it became the Marcus Christ Community Center.
The Hyde Park Hotel, now Arland Printing, was purchased by John Christ in 1868 on the southeast corner of Jericho Turnpike and Millers Lane in New Hyde Park.
Jericho Turnpike in the late 1800s at Millers Lane in New Hyde Park.
Students pose in front of the first New Hyde Park school built in 1883. This building, at 635 New Hyde Park Rd. in New Hyde Park, is still used by the New Hyde Park Baptist Church.
In 1904, spectators view the Vanderbilt Cup Race, which took racers on Lakeville Road and Jericho Turnpike in New Hyde Park, heading east.
Jesse Baylis was the first owner of this farmers supply business at Second Avenue and Herkimer Street in New Hyde Park. By 1909, Philip Christ had purchased and operated the business until 1914.
The Hyde Park Hotel in New Hyde Park was taken over by Philip Miller in 1880.
Jericho Turnpike in New Hyde Park has been referred to as the oldest road on Long Island. It followed the path of an Indian trail. This photo shows the road when the turnpike law was enacted and gates and tollhouses were in use.
Volunteer firemen of Hook and Ladder Company No. 1 in New Hyde Park pose in front of George Schnurr's General Store, now Henry's Inn, in 1900.
Students pose during the 1930 Maypole Dance at Garden City Park School on Central Avenue and Third Street in Garden City Park. Classes were first held in 1927. Children from New Hyde Park also went to the school.