The Islip Town fire marshal has issued notices of violation for improper use of space heaters to a company which owns two Bay Shore plants where the reported presence of carbon monoxide led to 29 people being taken to a hospital, officials said Friday.
None of the carbon monoxide cases on Thursday at the plants owned by Remy Industries USA were life-threatening, police said.
At the plant on Wisconsin Court, the marshals found carbon monoxide levels of as much as 21 parts per million, lower than the federal safety threshold of 40 parts per million, the town said Friday in an email reply to questions.
There was no carbon monoxide detected at the plant on Candlewood Road, the town said.
A year ago the company was acquired by Indiana-based Remy International Inc. and renamed Remy USA Industries. Last August the company notified state officials that it was going to close three months later and lay off its 271 workers.
The company did not return calls for comment Thursday and Friday.