BloggersAisha Al-Muslim Jennifer Barrios Bill Bleyer David Reich-Hale Denise M. Bonilla Sophia Chang Tara Conry Carl Corry Erin Geismar Scott Eidler Mitch Freedman Mackenzie Issler Carl MacGowan Deborah S. Morris Ted Phillips Candice Ruud David Schwartz Nicholas Spangler Joshua Stewart Brittany Wait Patrick Whittle
Series of tax forums begins Thursday in Hempstead Town
Hempstead Town Receiver of Taxes Don Clavin will host his fall series of taxpayer forums at local libraries starting Thursday.
Clavin will discuss such issues as assessment challenges, tax exemptions, tax discounts, property tax payment dates and tax payment options. The forums are free and open to the public.
The forum schedule is as follows:
* Thursday, 7 p.m., Valley Stream Village Hall, 123 S. Central Ave.
* Sept. 19, 7 p.m., Wantagh library, 3285 Park Ave.
* Sept. 27, 2 p.m., Baldwin library, 2385 Grand Ave.
* Oct. 3, 2 p.m., North Bellmore library, 1551 Newbridge Rd.
* Oct. 9, 7 p.m., Rockville Centre library, 221 N. Village Ave.
* Oct. 10, 7 p.m., Oceanside library, 30 Davison Ave.
* Oct. 11, 2 p.m., Elmont library, 700 Hempstead Tpke.
* Oct. 18, 7 p.m., Hempstead library, 115 Nichols Ct.
* Oct. 22, 2 and 7 p.m., Levittown library, 1 Bluegrass Lane.
* Oct. 23, 2 p.m., Island Park library, 176 Long Beach Rd.
* Oct. 24, 7 p.m., Elmont library, 700 Hempstead Tpke.
* Nov. 8, 7 p.m., Seaford library, 2234 Jackson Ave.
* Nov. 13, 1 p.m., Hewlett-Woodmere Library, 1125 Broadway in Hewlett
* Nov. 26, 2 and 7 p.m., West Hempstead library, 500 Hempstead Ave.
For more information, call the Office of Receiver of Taxes at 516-538-1500.
Above: Hempstead Town Hall