75° Good Afternoon
75° Good Afternoon
Long IslandTowns

Long Island updates for Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014

Bruce Blakeman during a news conference on Wall

Bruce Blakeman during a news conference on Wall Street on Jan. 27, 2010. Credit: Kevin P. Coughlin

Welcome to Newsday's LI Now Live post for Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014.

As we wrap-up our live post, you can still catch up on some of Newsday's top stories below and reporter interactions on Twitter as of 3 p.m.

We'll be back tomorrow with the latest breaking news and updates on traffic, weather and transit delays happening across Long Island.

(Mobile users can click the link above to access our live coverage.)


Bruce Blakeman, the former Presiding Officer of the Nassau County Legislature, formally announced his candidacy Thursday for the seat being vacated by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy (D-Mineola) at a pizzeria in his native Valley Stream. Follow updates from Newsday's Paul LaRocco @PaulLarocco.


Today will be partly cloudy with a high of 43 degrees and a 40 percent chance of rain. Fog to roll in overnight. Low of 34 degrees with a 60 percent chance of rain.


In Central Islip, water has been shut down due to emergency repair of a water main on First Avenue. This could affect 32 residences and two businesses.


We're revamping our Comments section. Learn more and share your input.

Latest Long Island News