Nassau County’s Department of Assessment will present a taxpayer assistance outreach program in several communities in the Town of Hempstead.
Equipped with computers linked to the county’s database, department staff will process property tax exemption applications on-site for senior citizens, people on disability, veterans, volunteer firefighters and emergency medical technicians.
The staff also will review home improvement exemptions, the Basic School Tax Relief — for residents who own a home, condominium or cooperative apartment with an annual household income of less than $500,000 — and Enhanced STAR, for senior citizens 65 or older with annual incomes of less than $79,050.
Taxpayers can pick up or drop off their applications. Exemption specialists will provide assistance and answer questions.
The program will be offered from 1 to 3 p.m. on:
* July 12, Freeport Memorial Library, 144 W. Merrick Rd.
* July 19, Oceanside Public Library, 30 Davison Ave.
* July 26, Baldwin Public Library, 2385 Grand Ave.
* Aug. 1, Bellmore Memorial Library, 2288 Bedford Ave.
* Aug. 7, Hillside Public Library, 155 Lakeville Rd., New Hyde Park.
* Aug. 9, Legion Post 1132, 2301 Penatiquit Ave., Seaford.
For more information, contact the Department of Assessment Exemptions Division at 516-571-1500 or visit www.mynassauproperty.com.