Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano has announced that Nassau County and New York State are again hosting a preregistration assistance program at four Nassau County Disaster Recovery Centers for Hurricane Sandy victims.
The three New York State programs, administered by Nassau County, have been moving forward with the understanding that funds, although approved by Congress, are still not available, and details are still being developed and might change before a final version of the programs is released.
All residents are encouraged to visit nysandyhelp.ny.gov to begin the pre-application process. New York State and Nassau County also have Disaster Recovery Centers to assist applicants from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Saturday at the following locations:
* Long Beach Recreation Center and Ice arena, 700 Magnolia Blvd., Long Beach
* Island Park Village Hall, 127 Long Beach Rd., Island Park
* Cedar Creek Park, Merrick Road, Seaford
* Freeport Recreation Center, 130 E. Merrick Rd., Freeport
In addition, the Department of Financial Services will be at several Nassau locations this week to assist residents in dealing with their insurance companies:
* Wednesday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Lynbrook Public Library, 56 Eldert St., Lynbrook
* Thursday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Hewlett-East Rockaway Jewish Centre, 295 Main St., East Rockaway
* Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Great Neck Library, 159 Bayview Ave., Great Neck
* Saturday, 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., Cedar Creek Park, Merrick Road, Seaford