Nassau County Executive Edward Mangano has announced the schedule of public information meetings on the benefits of building a new Coliseum and minor league ballpark — creating what the county calls a state-of-the-art sports-entertainment destination center in the county. A referendum on the proposal is scheduled for Aug. 1.
The meetings are scheduled from noon to 2 p.m. and 4 to 8 p.m. on the following days (except on July 12).
* Today: Westbury Memorial Public Library, 445 Jefferson St., Westbury.
* July 11: Jones Manor on the Sound Adult Home, 59 Bayville Ave., Bayville.
* July 12: Long Beach City Hall (sixth floor), 1 W. Chester St.
* July 12, 7-9 p.m., East Meadow High School, 101 Carman Ave., East Meadow.
* July 13: Glen Cove City Hall, 9 Glen St.
* July 15: Theodore Roosevelt Executive & Legislative Building, 1550 Franklin Ave., Mineola.
“In order for residents to make an informed decision, I am committed to making sure all information is available to answer any questions” before the Aug. 1 referendum, Mangano said in a news release.