A rally on behalf of the long-stalled Trump on the Ocean catering facility at Jones Beach is scheduled for 11 a.m. next Wednesday at the beach’s Central Mall flagpole, according to event organizers.
The Rally for Trump on the Ocean, originally set for last week, was rescheduled because of the power outages and damage caused by Tropical Storm Irene, said Rafe Leiber, founder of The Alliance To Revitalize Jones Beach.
Donald Trump is scheduled to participate in the rally, according to Leiber. Trump’s effort to build the facility, with a basement in a flood zone, has featured a series of lawsuits and appeals. In June, Trump lost an appeal to get damages for the delays. Two other cases are pending.
“When we get Trump on the Ocean built it will be a beautiful addition to the shore line on Jones Beach,” Lieber said in a news release. “Nassau citizens need to unite and fight against governmental red tape, which stops economic growth in the form of real estate and construction.”
“I am honored by the support shown by this Alliance,” Trump said in the release. “This process has been extremely frustrating. If I am successful in having the state adhere to my few truly simple requests, I will build a magnificent structure on Jones Beach that will make all residents proud.”