Long IslandTowns

Setauket-East Setauket photos

The Setauket Grist Mill is a replica of

The Setauket Grist Mill is a replica of the original built in 1937. (April 26, 2011) Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

Setauket-East Setauket is census-designated place in Suffolk County. The Setaukets are hamlets with a population of 15,477 in the Town of Brookhaven.

Seen here is the east facade of the
Photo Credit: Barbara Russell

Seen here is the east facade of the Brewster House on Main Street in East Setauket. According to the Town of Brookhaven, it is the oldest dwelling in the Three Villages area. Built in 1665, its first location was probably at the top of the present Route 25A hill. An addition was built in the early 1700s, and in 1968 the house was restored to its 1845 appearance as depicted in William Sydney Mount’s genre painting, "Long Island Farmhouses." The building is owned and maintained by the Ward Melville Heritage Organization. The Brewster House is open for tours and special classes by appointment. Call 631-751-2244. (Aug. 4, 2011)

The Three Village Historical Society is located in
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

The Three Village Historical Society is located in the Bayles-Swezey House, which has been around since the 1800s. (April 26, 2011)

The Setauket Neighborhood House was built in the
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

The Setauket Neighborhood House was built in the early 1700s on Setauket Bay. In 1820, it was moved to its present location on Main Street by Dr. John Elderkin. Since 1918, the house became a community service meeting place. (April 26, 2011)

Setauket Post Office (April 26, 2011)
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

Setauket Post Office (April 26, 2011)

The Setauket Grist Mill is a replica of
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

The Setauket Grist Mill is a replica of the original built in 1937. (April 26, 2011)

Frank Melville Memorial Park is located in the
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

Frank Melville Memorial Park is located in the Old Setauket Historial District and consists of 24 acres of land. (April 26, 2011)

Frank Melville Memorial Park Nature and Preserve Sanctuary
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

Frank Melville Memorial Park Nature and Preserve Sanctuary (April 26, 2011)

Emma S. Clark Memorial Library, 120 Main St.,
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

Emma S. Clark Memorial Library, 120 Main St., Setauket (April 26, 2011)

The Caroline Church of Brookhaven was organized in
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

The Caroline Church of Brookhaven was organized in 1723. It was used as a place of shelter for wounded soldiers during the Revolutionary War. (April 26, 2011)

Setauket Elementrary School, 134 Main St., East Setauket.
Photo Credit: Jasmin Frankel

Setauket Elementrary School, 134 Main St., East Setauket. (April 26, 2011)

Latest Long Island News

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy policy.

OK
Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to Newsday is free for Optimum customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE