At the Smithtown Town Board meeting Tuesday, the board approved:
* A bid request for video security upgrade at Long Beach Marina.
* Parade/Run/Walk permit issue to St. James/Smithtown Little League for Opening Day on April 10.
* For the Superintendent of Highways to enter into an agreement with Pavement Services, Inc. to provide project planning and pavement analysis for the town.
* The seasonal and part-time appointments of various Civil Service Employees Association positions.
* Security camera upgrades at parks and other town facilities.
* An animal shelter extension for $51,000.
* $306,000 for a permanent flare and $449,000 for a methane recovery and detection system at the Municipal Services Facility.
* Reconstruction of floating docks for $153,000.
* An amendment of the CSEA contract to include a Personnel Transactions Clerk, with only Town Supervisor Patrick Vecchio voting against the resolution. He said the job could be handled by a lower paying classification, and that the money was not in the budget and should not be added.
“The department head has an obligation to present it to the board before the budget was approved,” Vecchio said. “We cannot have ‘budget creep,’ after a budget has been adopted.”