The Town of Southampton announced that it has smacked the owner of several homes in Tuckahoe and North Sea with 50 code violation charges this weekend after a two-week investigation.
The probe, conducted by the town’s investigations and enforcement unit, targeted three homes the town said were illegally occupied. The town said the homes were subject to such violations as:
• Renting without a permit
• Occupying without a certificate of occupancy
• Change of use, with conversions from single-family to multi-family use
• Building without a permit—conversion of a basement to living space
• Electrical work without a permit
• Plumbing without a permit
• Excessive vehicles
• Transient rental violation for the Memorial Day weekend
• Property maintenance—overflowing trash container
• Change of use—converting a garage into two apartments
• Building without a permit—installation of a swimming pool, hot tub, volleyball court and basketball court.