The Stony Brook Alumni Association has named the 2010 recipients of its Distinguished Alumni Awards.
This year’s honorees include:
* Scott Abrams (BE ’80), founder and president of The Omnicon Group
* Diane Brink (BS ’80), vice president of marketing and strategy for IBM’s Global Technology Services
* Christine Goerke (BA ’94), a Grammy Award-winning soprano
* Kevin Law (BA ’82), president and chief executive of the Long Island Association
* Hyun-Soon Lee (MS ’79, PhD ’81), vice chairman of the Research and Development Division of the Hyundai Motor Co.
* David Walt (Ph.D., ’79), the Robinson professor of chemistry and professor of biomedical engineering at Tufts University and a Howard Hughes Medical Institute professor.
Stony Brook University President Dr. Samuel L. Stanley, center, stands with, from left, Gloria Snyder, David Walt, Kevin Law, Scott Abrams, Diane Brink and Christine Goerke.
Learn more about the honorees here.