Chiropractor Brian Goldberg was named the Syosset Chamber of Commerce’s Person of the Year at the North Ritz Club Thursday night during the organization’s 13th annual Installation Dinner.
Goldberg, a member of the organization’s board of directors, has been involved with the chamber for five years and has held many key roles, including chairman of the chamber’s street fair, website and marketing committees.
“He has turned the street fair into a masterpiece,” said Town of Oyster Bay Councilman and Chamber Second Vice President Chris Coschignano, who emceed the event. “And he does so many things behind the scenes that you don’t hear about.”
Goldberg, in accepting the award, talked about how a selfless approach is the only way to go in local business.
“It’s all about teamwork, and we’re all about helping businesses,” Goldberg said. “We strive on street traffic, so we want everyone to do well, even our competition, because competition is good for everyone.”
Danielle Delgrosso of Astoria Federal Savings was installed for a second term as chamber president. In other awards Thursday evening:
* Angelina’s II Restaurant was named Small Business of the Year.
* Debra Parisi of Daniel Gale Sotheby’s International Realty was named Director of the Year.
* Warren Church was named Outstanding Civic Member.
* Sally Biondo of Syosset Equities received a Special Recognition Award.
* The Syosset Fire Department received the Community Service Award, with Chief of Department John Capobianco and Roy Brouillard, chairman of the Board of Fire Commissioners, accepting.