Long IslandTowns

The Marion Carll farm in Commack

One of the buildings remaining on the 9-acre

One of the buildings remaining on the 9-acre parcel of land that dates to 1701 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Carll deeded the farm to the district in 1969 on the condition that it be used for a historical museum and educational farm. (Aug. 23, 2012) Photo Credit: Handout

The heirs of Marion Carll sued the Commack school district last year, demanding the return of the roughly 9-acre parcel that dates to 1701 and is on the National Register of Historic Places.

The gate to the Marion Carll Farm in
Photo Credit: Ed Betz

The gate to the Marion Carll Farm in Commack. Carll's heirs have sued to get back the property from the school district. (Aug. 23, 2012)

The farmhouse and outlying structures on the Marion
Photo Credit: Joseph D. Sullivan

The farmhouse and outlying structures on the Marion Carll Estate in Commack. (June 4, 2010)

The gate to the Marion Carll Farm in
Photo Credit: Ed Betz

The gate to the Marion Carll Farm in Commack, which was given to the Commack school district in Carll's will in 1969 to be used for educational purposes. The Commack school district wants the lawsuit filed against it by Carll's heirs to be dismissed and is seeking to have restrictions removed on the land she gave. (Aug. 23, 2012)

One of the buildings remaining on the 9-acre
Photo Credit: Handout

One of the buildings remaining on the 9-acre parcel of land that dates to 1701 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Carll deeded the farm to the district in 1969 on the condition that it be used for a historical museum and educational farm. (Aug. 23, 2012)

One of the buildings remaining on the 9-acre
Photo Credit: Handout

One of the buildings remaining on the 9-acre parcel of land entrusted to the district by Marion Carll. The property, nestled near the Hamlet Golf and Country Club, has remained unused except for a period in the 1990s, when it was leased to the Board of Cooperative Educational Services. (Aug. 23, 2012)

Carll Farm

One of the buildings remaining on the Carll
Photo Credit: Handout

One of the buildings remaining on the Carll farm, entrusted to the district by Marion Carll in 1969, seen here on Aug. 23, 2012.

A satellite view of the Marion Carll farm,
Photo Credit: Google

A satellite view of the Marion Carll farm, surrounded by the Hamlet Golf & Country Club. The heirs sued the district last year, demanding the return of the roughly 9-acre parcel that dates to 1701 and is on the National Register of Historic Places. Carll deeded the farm to the district in 1969 on the condition that it be used for a historical museum and educational farm. (2012)

Latest Long Island News

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy policy.

OK
Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to Newsday is free for Optimum customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE