At today's Town of Smithtown regular meeting, the town board unanimously approved:
1. Advertising for a Sept. 7 public hearing on allowing fences, sheds and decks on land considered environmentally sensitive with groundwater less than 10 feet deep.
2. Site plan approval for a T-Mobile cell tower by the high school at Route 111 and Town Line Road.
3. Site plan approval for Smithtown Fire District to demolish a 2,047 square-foot fire station #1 on Plymouth Blvd. to construct a 6,104 square-foot, 2-story station in its place.
4. Contract of law firm Devitt Spellman Barrett for services regarding litigation against Neil and Robert Izzo and Santilli Commercial Developers LLC for encroachment of town property at the Kings Park highway yard not to exceed $15,000 for each lawsuit.
5. Appraisal of land at 1 Teapot Lane for traffic re-configuration.
6. Agreement for professional services of Cameron Engineering and Associates LLP at a cost of $22,000 for the construction supervision of a wind generator at the Municipal Services Facilities in Kings Park.