Long IslandTowns

Village of Mineola photos

The Theodore Roosevelt Executive and Legislative Building is

The Theodore Roosevelt Executive and Legislative Building is at 1550 Franklin Ave. in the village of Mineola. It is the seat of Nassau County government. The building, also known the Old Nassau County Courthouse, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. (June 26, 2012) Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Village of Mineola was originally named Miniolagamika, meaning "pleasant village," after an Algonquin Indian Chief.

The Mineola Water Tower was constructed in 1927.
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Mineola Water Tower was constructed in 1927. (June 26, 2012)

The Theodore Roosevelt Executive and Legislative Building is
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Theodore Roosevelt Executive and Legislative Building is at 1550 Franklin Ave. in the village of Mineola. It is the seat of Nassau County government. The building, also known the Old Nassau County Courthouse, was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1978. (June 26, 2012)

The Mineola Fire Department, founded in 1888, is
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Mineola Fire Department, founded in 1888, is located at 171 Jericho Tpke. in the village of Mineola. (June 26, 2012)

The Mineola U.S. Post Office is located at
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Mineola U.S. Post Office is located at 160 First St. in the village of Mineola. (June 26, 2012)

Chaminade High School is a Catholic school located
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

Chaminade High School is a Catholic school located on Emory Road in the village of Mineola. (June 26, 2012)

Mineola Village Hall
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato, 2012

Mineola Village Hall

The Mineola Memorial Park is located on Marcellus
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Mineola Memorial Park is located on Marcellus Road behind the Mineola Memorial Library. This statue in the middle of the park is dedicated to fallen soldiers from Mineola who died in World War I. (June 26, 2012)

Winthrop University Hospital, located at 259 First St.,
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

Winthrop University Hospital, located at 259 First St., was the first volunteer hospital on Long Island. (June 26, 2012)

Willis Avenue School, at 121 Jackson Ave., is
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

Willis Avenue School, at 121 Jackson Ave., is the newest school to be added to the Mineola Union Free School District. (June 26, 2012)

The Nassau County Court House is located on
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Nassau County Court House is located on Old County Road in the village of Mineola. (June 26, 2012)

The Village of Mineola was originally named Miniolagamika,
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Village of Mineola was originally named Miniolagamika, meaning "pleasant village," after an Algonquin Indian chief. This welcome sign overlooks the Mineola Long Island Rail Road station. (June 26, 2012)

Mineola Middle School is located at 200 Emory
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

Mineola Middle School is located at 200 Emory Rd. in the village of Mineola. (June 26, 2012)

Mineola High School the only high school in
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

Mineola High School the only high school in the Mineola Union Free School District, is located at 10 Armstrong Rd. in Garden City Park. (June 26, 2012)

The Mineola Memorial Library is located at 195
Photo Credit: Amy Onorato

The Mineola Memorial Library is located at 195 Marcellus Rd. in the village of Mineola. (June 26, 2012)

Latest Long Island News

By using this site, you agree to our Privacy policy.

OK
Sorry to interrupt...

Your first 5 are free

Access to Newsday is free for Optimum customers.

Please enjoy 5 complimentary views to articles, photos, and videos during the next 30 days.

LOGIN SUBSCRIBE