Buses will replace trains this weekend between Ronkonkoma and Hicksville to allow for track work, the Long Island Rail Road said.
The first westbound bus departs Ronkonkoma at 12:02 a.m. Saturday. The first eastbound bus departs Hicksville at 1:07 a.m. Saturday.
The work also will affect connection times for some Babylon, Montauk, Far Rockaway, Long Beach, Oyster Bay, Port Jefferson, West Hempstead and Greenport trains.
The LIRR said the changes mean:
- Westbound riders from stations between Ronkonkoma and Bethpage will board buses to Hicksville up to 44 minutes earlier than normal train times, then transfer to westbound trains.
- The 10:05 a.m., 11:05 a.m. and 12:05 p.m. trains from Ronkonkoma are canceled, with no connecting bus service.
- Riders from stations between Greenport and Medford will transfer to buses at Ronkonkoma for service to Hicksville, where train service will resume.
- Eastbound riders from stations between Bethpage and Ronkonkoma will transfer to buses at Hicksville. Plan for up to 44 minutes of additional travel time.
- The 4:39 p.m., 5:39 p.m. and 6:39 p.m. weekend trains from Penn Station to Ronkonkoma will be canceled with no connecting bus service.
- Riders traveling to stations Medford through Greenport will take the 8:22 a.m. or 1:22 p.m. trains from Penn Station to Hicksville, then board buses to Ronkonkoma where train service will resume.
For specific train times, timetables are available at https://goo.gl/JTfV5B, the railroad said.